7.9.08

Should I stay or should I go now...

I believe I'll stay for a while, here in Bakersfield. Doing youth ministry at Calvary. It's what God wants of me, it's pretty clear. I've decided, and I have peace. The deep-seated kind, the kind that doesn't make me stress anymore. Still waiting for the joy to come around, though... maybe I should pray for it? That'd probably be a good idea. I am so thankful that I get to spend more time with the incredible young women that I love so much to work with and talk about Jesus with. And that I get to meet new ones. It's just... the living here is a challenge at times. Here where there isn't a lot of new things. Of city-wide parties, of farmers markets, of outdoor concerts, of ethnic food, of shorelines and hikes and green grass. But maybe... maybe I would be caught up in those things. Here where there's nothing else I like means I focus all my time, energy, and brain on the one thing that I love doing here. Because really? I don't want to be standing in a flower market, alone, or on a train in some random country when Christ comes back. I want to be discipling his church. To be in the process of being discipled. Drinking the deep water.

So, decision made, ready to roll, I of course break out my list-making skills. Because I know the fact that I haven't had time to pluck my eyebrows or get more than six hours sleep ever has got to change if it means I'm going to continue to live here. Since not many read my blog, I'll get personal here and let those who do read in on my lists:

Fact: I do not have enough time. Or energy.

Things that are important to me:

Jesus time
my big kids
my family
community/friends
sleep/exercise/eating right

Possible Solutions:

live alone
live closer to my job/ministry
don't hit snooze in the mornings
say no more. I used to be so good at it.
eventually find a less-hours job I can live off of
put time into specific people (like make a list), dang it.

That's all for now folks. I do value opinions, by the way. Happy Sunday.

1 opinionated people say...:

Sarah said...

I support your stay friend....I really do...I'm proud of you for listening to where it is your supposed to be and sticking with it....plus...you're one of my only good friends who doesn't live outside of these 50 states...i need you:)