24.9.08

pACE

NOT THE PICANTE SAUCE.

Pace is important. I've never been good at it. I'm a sprinter. I hike in spurts, weaving along the trails. On the treadmill I have to hold on so I can run in the straight line necessary to not fall off and provide mass entertainment for others at the gym. I think they should give really clumsy people major discounts at the gym for providing that type of service (entertainment) to the other customers. It could even be an advertisment - "see the clumsy people". Ahem, back to the original topic.

Lately my pace of life has seemed a bit... fast. And spastic. Feels like I'm headed in all directions. If it was me giving the advice, I'd say, focus on one or two things, and do those well. It's kind of my life philosophy. The problem is, the things that I feel like I have to do, those I don't want to focus on. Like my full-time job. My family. Even friends sometimes (let's be honest).

The thing is, I'm doing pretty much everything on my list. It's just that each of those things are adding up to a lot more than I was thinking. Except I haven't moved yet, which I'm shooting for November first, but I can't see how that will completely turn things around. It will help a lot, I know. But other things still have got to change.

And it's September. One of my favorite months, I think. The weather's starting to cool down here (in the 80's - my perfect temp); people slow down, get more organized, and settle in; I can wear long sleeves outside and make all kinds of hot soups; it's my birthday month; the Fair happens. Cheesiness, but it's the time of year I would want to fall in love. Winter my skin's too dry and spring and summer? I question if it's really real. Or perhaps I'm just influenced by Sugarland's Hello. This is probably why I feel the most lonely in the early fall months. Same thing happened last fall. I hate being in a funk in September. And now I feel like even this post is spastic. ick.

0 opinionated people say...: