11.9.08

Cruisin'

I realized the other day, when driving around town, that pretty much everyone has some semblance of cool while they are driving a vehicle. I think it's the power. You can't be not cool when you are in control of a few thousand pounds of metal. Many people may argue about this, but I hold true to my point.

I realized this because of the way I was comfortably sitting (left foot up, right hand slung across the passenger seat) and the looks that I got from various other drivers (still in the pump district here, with a 10:1 man:woman ratio). I thought, I am not cool. Yet I must have something for people to be looking at me so much.* So I started to check out the other people driving cars.

I wonder if that girl has good style? But really, she's probably one of those semi-clean-cut wannabe type myspace stalkers. If that guy got out of his car and walked toward me, I'd run the other way. But I'd probably do the cheesy wave just cause his car is idling next to mine. Even the clunker-drivers have that geeky-cool thing, especially with the green revolution hitting(smash,smash) our state. On that note, all the geeky or sensible cars seem cooler because they are either economical or help the environs. ha. I wonder if the greenies factored in the coolness? Maybe more people will buy and drive cars now because it's just so cool to drive a geeky/greenie car. That would kind of even out the carbon footprint, eh? So much for that idea.

Ugh, no wonder all my Big Kids can't wait to drive. It really does make you cool. At least until you get out of the car. THIS is why we don't go cruisin' down Chester Avenue anymore. When they're driving, you just can't tell who's a keeper or a kreeper.




*Yep, I checked. No drink on the roof, nothing bright red or purple sticking out, hair in it's normal flat state.

0 opinionated people say...: