9.9.08

Layering, Schmayering

In many things I am definitely a child of the 90's. The late 80's to the mid 90's, to be exact. As evidenced by mine and Holly's longer-than-you-would-think convo last night about boy/girl hotwheels/barbie happy meals at McD's back in the day (you know you want those days back too). But there is one major way in which I do not conform: Layering. I hate to layer. HATE. As in will not buy a shirt that I LOVE just because it will require layering.


Fashion people make it sound so simple, like it solves all of their problems. Attn: Fashion People: LAYERING CREATES MY PROBLEMS. And this is not coming from my non-conformist attitude toward trends in fashion. It is purely a comfort thing. And an I-know-what-looks-good-on-me-and-bunchy-clothes-do-not thing. It may have a slight something to do with my body type. Curves just don't give themselves over to layering. Sometimes I wonder how they give themselves over to clothes at all.


This creates an issue while shopping. I wear black, because I have not found a white shirt in about five years that I would not have to wear an undershirt with. That's the real reason I mostly wear dark colors. No layering required. I feel, often, left out of the loop because most cute clothes assume that I love to layer like the rest of my generation. So I wear boring, basic clothing. Which is probably good for me. There is only one positive aspect to not layering, and that will only go into full effect when Beth gets that train over that hill (she still thinks she can).

0 opinionated people say...: