9.12.08

Bluhuughyeckmeh

Not sure that there's really more to say than that. The last couple of weeks have been a whirlwind that I've moved slowly through, dragging my feet. There's not much else to do in a whirlwind. So much going on for the Christmas season, which will definitely be fun but the current attitude is a little blah. Sometimes I don't like myself verymuch.

Reflection: Thanksgiving was awesome with the family. My cousins and my sister crack me up. I am super super super thankful for my friend Sarah who came to visit and help me endure the family-ness. She even came to the bridal shower we threw my sister-in-law. That, by the way, turned out fairly nice as showers go. So anyways Sarah and I had a restful time for my staycation in Bakersfield. We cooked the turkey for thanksgiving, watched some movies, shopped, and talked a lot about life, love, and the pursuit of Jesus and his people. Thanks Sarah.

Synopsis: SICK. I have a deep man voice. Call me, I'll be your tenor. Maybe I should hire-out to be a serenader for Christmas presents. I've been not talking to people much at all, hanging out with my mom, and running lots of errands. It does feel good to get things done. But I am STILL sick. Perhaps that is partly the reason for the blah.

Favorites: Comfort things. Trader Joe's Spinach-Filled Tortellini with sea salt and olive oil. I've been eating it all week. Old country music like John Michael Montgomery's Life's a Dance (you know you dig the 90's clothes). It's my all-time favorite country song and I make myself not listen to it too much so I don't get tired of it but lately it's been on replay. Wearing jeans and my vintage gloves every day.

Can someone shoot me with an "I CARE" drug please? Because I really don't right now.

1 opinionated people say...:

Sarah said...

you are such a good friend to me...I even read your blog this morning and knew you weren't feeling well..but when we talked on the phone it was all about me..and my drama!..sorry! I hope that you are feeling better..and I am SO excited you guys are coming up.