21.11.08

let it be / let the music find me

I love taking a drive late at night.  That alert, heightened sense of awareness that overpowers any tired in me.  The radio stuck on whatever station my finger paused over when I lost interest in the music.  Distracted, perhaps, by the city lights spread out before me.  My thoughts wander in and out with no desire to settle on any one thing.  Clear but carefree.  As I head home I can barely hear the strains of Let it Be beginning, so the knob is turned clockwise and the words start coming out.  When the electric guitar enters I'm beginning to grin.  The person in the car next to me, what are they pondering while this city sleeps?  And while I so crazily gesture, opera-like, at the neon lights?  I pull in to park just as the song ends-  daa-dadadaa-dada-daa--daa---daa.  Perfection.


shine on 'til tomorrow, let it be.

1 opinionated people say...:

Sarah said...

i love how you love to drive...and gas is so cheap now! you can go back to your old hobby! see you soon!
ps..wrote a way funny single rant...you should read it:) let me know what you think...