1.10.08

L.A.

Tourists always talk about going to LA. How cool it sounds. But anyone even remotely local knows that you don't go to LA. You go to Pasadena, or Laguna Beach, or Malibu, or Santa Monica, or any number of other places. Usually I'm of the opinion that the only thing touristy places are good for are people watching, but this last weekend...


We went to LA.

We went to Hollywood.

We went to Venice Beach.

And let me tell you, it was pretty amazing.

A giant fancy hotel with a cityscape view? Ice cream from room service at one am? Ethiopian food in the middle of little Ethiopia? Amoeba Records? Crazy (crazy expensive more like it) thrift store? Church the way it should be? Check check check check check check. Don't get me wrong, the people watching at Venice was amazing, as was the people watching in Hollywood. There was just more to it than that. Atmosphere. Vibe. Henna tatoos? Oh yes. Check it out. My leg, Holly's hand. The best part was the guy at the henna place with skeezy tatooed across his neck.


The weather was gorgeous too. I think I've found a few new favorite places, made all the better by some of my favorite people. And a word about Church? This church is active, the people are real, they care about social issues, and have great worship. Check it out. Thanks Naph, for the invite.

0 opinionated people say...: