2.7.08

Conversations with Rick

I have many conversations with my office folk. And let me tell you, when I say it's like the Office, the show, IT IS LIKE THE OFFICE. I keep a running log of great conversations and will periodically share them. Perhaps one day I'll get some audio to go along with it. Names have been changed to protect the identity of my coworkers (or at least that's what you think).

Rick:
Think I’ll go with Ralph to pick up my car. May be gone a while, see how much he wants to look around.
Me:
Where at?
Rick:
Out near Lamont.
Me:
It’s a different world out there.
Rick:
Yeah, and you never know, about the people you go out with… with those foreign-born drivers you just never know. I went out driving with a guy from India once and he always wanted to drive on the wrong side of the road. We’ll see how Ralph does. You just never know… those foreign born drivers…(drifting down the hall)
(Ralph has been in and out of the US for over twenty years)

Me:
Rick, can you sign this check real quick? It’s a donation for the American Cancer Society.
Rick:
mmmhmm mmm mmmmmm I’M A SURVIVOR!!! (screaming).


The other day Rick asked me (in all sincerity) to find out who is using the little stapler and take it away from them.

1 opinionated people say...:

holly marie said...

i so love it. can we please gather all your stories and reinact them?