25.8.08

The Dress

I am in love with dresses. I try them on all the time. At this point I have close to ten black dresses in my closet, which is a lot because I have a limited wardrobe (on purpose) that only takes up about half my closet. But dresses are just so practical, and not at the same time. And for a simple person like me, the lack of layering necessary is a beautiful thing. All a dress requires on any given day: shoes, a sweater, and maybe some earrings.


Recently I found a summer dress I loved at Walmart (I know) and bought it in black and brown. AND THEN a pretty grey cap-sleeve* (perfect for smart black glasses and maryjanes) called my name at Target. I think the other colors are joining the chorus, because they will most likely be purchased as well. It just isn't every day you find a dress that you like and that fits and that is work-appropriate and that is affordable enough you can buy one, or even more than one, right? And you know I'm really just looking for support for my dress addiction here, right?

*see photo. And can I tell you that it really does look less mom-ish on me than it does on her? Curves do make the dress. Or break it, often actually. But they make this dress.

0 opinionated people say...: