23.4.09

Back.

WOW it's been a long time since I've posted. The break was much needed, and truthfully these last two months have been so busy I don't know what I would have done if I had thrown in tv/movies/internet. But on to other things. There is so much to write. I will try to break it up into coherent pieces but I kind of feel like the kid just back from summer camp telling his mom, this happened and this happened, and then we were- oh and THIS happened, and we went here, and we learned about bugs, and... actually maybe it would be easier to write about everything in this way.

For now, we will focus on what WILL BE- Christ will return and we who follow him will be glorified. And we get a new earth! Yay for no more valley pollution! (among other things)

Until That Day, here are my frivolous summer plans that WILL (hopefully) be:

a/ style: going for a late-70's by the lake / on the beach look. It's a bit by default as I just don't want to pay to cut or color my hair, so it's long and blonde and brassy again, but also by my choice of throw-back Aloha Tiare for this summer's perfume. This gives me a chance to follow a bit of the current fashion but not go full-fledged eighties.

b/ music: Kenny Chesney's When the Sun Goes Down album will always be the ultimate in summer tunes to me. Along with Uncle Kracker's Drift Away. Various other singles. Okay, maybe this part of the post is premature and I should make a playlist first.

c/ plans: Several long, lazy, full Neighborhood Dinners. A picnic by the lake/river with magazines, books, good music and lemonade. Studying about God's face. A trip to Malibu Getty & Red Rock Canyon for hiking. Venice Beach- just can’t get enough of that place. Lots of stretching- strange, but seriously. Someone take me Floating…. I’ve never been…. An herb garden outside my door maintained. Stargazing when there’s no moonlight, in a really dark place. A free-form worship night. Baking bread from scratch. Climb Mount Whitney. Lots of good times with my BigKids. San Francisco – in all its beautifulness. Poker night done right.
If I manage to do all of these things, it will be one very full summer.

Feel free to invite yourself along. But only if I already know you.

1 opinionated people say...:

Sarah said...

First off...I saw no..drive up to Redding to see long lost friends....on your list..lame:)
being that my scheduled leave the state vacay is in the beginning of June...can I please come down and go to venice beach with you..maybe july..aug...??because Lord knows I'll be needing a break from this place:)
Can't wait to see you soon!